Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Blah Blah "Capitalism" Blah Blah "Communism" Blah Blah "Nietsche" Blah Blah ... sleeptalk?

Despite attending all my lectures in the past few weeks, my new motivation appears to have been counter productive judging by today's Sociology lecture when I started sleep talking. I wasn't even aware my eyes were closed until I heard my own voice say, 'I watched this last night...' and then felt my head jerk forwards, giving me a minute case of whiplash and enlightening me to the row of people in front (and the lecturer) staring at me with puzzled looks on their faces. I let out a small, pathetic wince and spent the rest of the lecture feigning interest in my worksheet, which to be honest wasn't all that interesting, so I don't feel I have missed out on much, especially seeing as when I did choose to listen, my lecturer seemed to be having an in-depth rant about turtles and/or tortoises...

In other news, I have gained my ultimate score on Tetris - 643 lines, no less. It was a beautiful moment and I felt inclined to add it to my list of useless talents, one of which is being able to recite the entire of Eminem's 'Slim Shady', albeit in a dodgy Yorkshire accent. And yes, before you ask, I am available for Christenings and BarMitzvahs. Other than playing Tetris (which our entire house is currently addicted to) I have been holed up in my room reading horrible Jane Austen novels and watching Thelma and Louise. I'd forgotten that I'd made a pact with myself not to watch it until I had a less-impressionable personality, given that everytime I see it, I have my heart set on becoming a felon and road tripping to Mexico, robbing convenience stores and locking up policemen on my way. It's just like everytime I see Cool Runnings or The Mighty Ducks - no lifestyle seems better than being a Winter Olympian or a member of an ice hockey team coached by Emilio Estevez...

I finally got my dreaded presentation out of the way and, without jinxing it, I think it went pretty well, especially seeing as one of my slides consisted simply of thumbnails showing offensive and anti-religious t-shirts. I got both my essays back, complete with helpful feedback such as, 'I'm not convinced you understand what you are talking about here', which, although a pretty solid observation, seems slightly unnecessary. Still, I passed them both with fairly good marks, so who's complaining?

What is even more exciting than that is the fact that I am finally being sent some new contact lenses after being refused them since September because I have failed to attend a check up test. However, I attended said check-up on Tuesday (even though we couldn't even do it properly because I didn't have any lenses to wear) and the woman in the shop was ever so rude! She starting having small fits every two minutes because she couldn't find any of my data seeing as my regular opticians in Bradford has, apparently, closed down. What she expected me to do when she looked at me and questioned, 'well?' I do not know, but I am definitely not looking forward to going again next week, especially if my lenses haven't even arrived...

No comments: