Monday, 11 January 2010

(insert catchy title here)




Somehow, between this time last week and tonight, my work load has started to mirror that of the Prime Minister's, I have lost all hope of ever regaining a normal sleeping pattern, and I have inadvertently dyed my face blue. I even wasted all my Olay facewipes trying to scrub the stupid CosmicBlue hairdye off my face, and given that they were about three quid per pack and you only get twenty in there, I’m starting to wonder whether I shouldn’t have just left it on and claimed I was supporting the new film Avatar by walking around with a blue face… I’d have probably lost what little respect most of my friends have for me, but at least I’d be a little more in the money. I also wrongly assumed that my seminar, like everyone else's, would be cancelled due to 'adverse weather conditions', i.e. a tiny bit of snow. However, it was not, but by the time I realised this I had already missed out on a gripping two hour discussion about Sci-Fi novels. Woe is me.

On the plus side, after a very unproductive weekend involving a lot of dancing to 80s music, and even more eating, I have just tonight managed to get my presentation up to 8 minutes, meaning I only have 2 minutes left to fill until I am done. Excellent. What is not excellent, I have come to realise, is The Exorcist, which I watched for the first time ever last night with Jayne and Megan. Don't get me wrong, parts of it left me clinging to the sofa attempting not to wee, but after watching a girl possessed by Satan run downstairs doing a backwards crab, I was unable to take it particularly seriously.

In other news, I went out for lunch on Friday with Kez and Alex and came home having agreed to a weekend in Amsterdam in March, which gives me something to look forward to in the next few months of work, work and more work. Unfortunately, the trip to Amsterdam means I'm going to miss Jayne's birthday and consequently miss watching the first I-Am-Twenty breakdown of the house. Looks like I'm going to have to buy her an extra ace birthday present. And, it's a bit early to make decisions, but I'll possibly even stretch to a card.

No comments: