Tuesday, 10 November 2009

William Blake, I Am Sure You Were Good In Your Day - But I Do Not Give A Shit


It is 4:25am and I have to leave the house for my seminar in just over four hours. Unfortunately, I do not understand anything William Blake is writing about, let alone give a shit, and fear that I may look something like this at around about 9am.
<-----<------<-----<-----<-----<-----<-----<-----
I spent the majority of today's lecture humming Jesus Christ Superstar to myself (your guess is as good as mine) and watching a ladybird walk around on my copy of Work, Consumerism and the New Poor. Now, don't get me wrong, I am sure it is a gripping read, and no doubt Zygmunt Bauman had a hoot writing it, but I was feeling oddly selfless and decided to let the ladybird have its fun while it could (by that, I mean I am pretty sure it pissed on the front cover and was therefore reluctant to pick it up until the lecture was over).

No comments: