Monday, 17 August 2009

Oh Danny Boy, The Pipes The Pipes Are Calling

Possible ways to explain or escape punishment for the red hair dye on the stairs when my mother returns from Egypt:
  • Question why she is only noticing it now when it has "been there for years"
  • Create similar blotches all the way up the stairs and claim that is the carpet design, and has always been so
  • Cut out cardboard monster feet and place them all the way up the stairs leading to my mother's bedroom, strategically covering hair dye stains in the process
  • Wrap a bandage around Kezia's head and explain she fell down the stairs, spilling tomato soup as she did so. Hopefully sympathy will displace anger

Other than scrubbing away at bright red hair dye stains with hairspray, Stardrops bleach, Vanish etc., nothing much of interest has happened since my last rivetting blog. Note to self: stop doing things that could get you fired at work. I was shouted at today by my ever so friendly boss as she happened to enter the deli area just as I was putting on show my masterpiece (a smiley face, complete with nose ring, drawn onto a pizza base). Apparently, there were more important things to do... I was also informed by my trusty co-worker that when she was in the office the other day, all she could see on the security cameras was me chasing after a helium balloon behind the counter. I then proceeded to pierce it, inhale the helium, and perform a heartwrenching rendition of 'Danny Boy' for staff and customers alike. What a treat.

1 comment:

cheerfulmistakes said...

LOL.

I wish I worked at the Farm Shop too.

xxx